When a wiring issue occurs at your house, it’s essential to have it inspected by a professional immediately to determine if the wiring can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. Bad wiring can put your family at risk, as it can lead to fires and other issues. To protect your household, call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for wiring repair and replacement services in Pompano Beach, FL. We provide 24-hour emergency services to keep your family safe.
Protect your family from dangerous situations by installing carbon monoxide detectors. Contact us for services in Pompano Beach.
Risks Associated With Aluminum Wiring
If your older home has aluminum wiring, it can pose dangers to your household if it’s not replaced promptly. This material can expand, causing overheating at its connection points. Some other risks associated with aluminum wiring can include:
- It can become brittle and prone to oxidation. This can lead to electrical fires.
- The soft wires can get damaged during renovation projects. This can cause hot spots.
- It can pose a 55% higher risk of fires than homes with copper wiring.
- It can cause arcing, which can lead to overheating and fires.
- It can develop a white oxide as it rusts that can lead to overheating.
Benefits of Copper Wiring
If you recently built a home or had your house rewired, copper wiring might have been installed. There are many benefits to this material, including:
- It has a high resistance to heat to help prevent overloading and melting.
- Copper wiring is very thin, allowing it to bend and twist easily without causing damage.
- It is resistant to corrosion and rusting.
- Copper wiring is easy for professionals to install.
When installing a new pool or spa, leave the work to the professionals. Call us to schedule pool and hot tub wiring services.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Wiring Needs To Be Replaced
It’s crucial to have your faulty wiring replaced at the first signs of an issue. Some symptoms that can indicate you need to schedule installation services are:
- You have bad wiring connections.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering.
- You notice the odor of burning plastic.
- You see sparks, flames, or smoke.
- You notice the wires start to overheat.
- You notice scorching around or behind the faceplate.