You rely on your electrical outlets to allow you to plug in appliances, charge your phones, and more around your home. You also assume that they work correctly, protecting your house from dangers like fires. To ensure your home is safe, make sure you have the latest types of outlets installed on your property, including GFCI, AFI, and USB outlets. Call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for services in Pompano Beach, FL. We provide same-day services.
Do you need a way to circulate the air in your house and keep your property cooler? Contact us to learn about our ceiling fan and chandelier services.
What You Need To Know About GFCIs
Have you heard the name GFCI, but you’re not exactly sure what it means or why you need these types of outlets installed in your house? According to current electrical codes, you need to have ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) installed throughout your house near water sources. This can include in your bathroom and kitchen. Installing these outlets can prevent injury - and even death - from fire or electrocution if water gets into the device.
GFCI outlets also prevent shocks when plugging devices and appliances into a unit, and they keep appliances from being damaged by electrical currents.
Why You Need AFCI Breakers
In addition to GFCI outlets, it’s also important to install AFCI outlets in your home or building to protect your property from potential fires. These outlets also provide these benefits:
- Detect arc faults before they spark a fire.
- Protect the wiring in the event of an arc fault.
- Improve the safety of your home and your family.
Keep your yard safe by installing security lights and motion sensors. Learn about our outdoor lighting services.
Benefits of Having USB Outlets in Your Home
Between you, your spouse, and your kids, you likely have a lot of devices that need to be charged. Instead of wasting regular outlets, install USB outlets to make charging your mobile devices easier, and free up other outlets.
These outlets can provide many benefits to your household, including:
- Eliminate multiple plugs: Installing USB outlets can provide dedicated outlets for your devices, removing the need for power strips and freeing up your outlets.
- Eliminate adapters: Keeping track of USB charger adapters can be difficult. With USB outlets, you don’t need them. You can plug the USB cord directly into the outlet.
- Charge devices faster: Plugging devices into a USB outlet can allow them to charge more quickly.