Is there smoke coming from your outlets, or does it smell like burnt plastic? This can signal you need electrical repairs. Leaving these can put your household at risk for fire and other dangers. For emergency electrical services in Lighthouse Point, FL, call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for appointments. We provide 24-hour services and straightforward pricing.
Why do your Lighthouse Point neighbors call us when they need electrical repairs? Read our testimonials to find out.
We offer complete electrical services to the Lighthouse Point area, including:
- Electrical Outlet Repair & Replacements
- Electrical Panel Repair and Replacements
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Whole House Generator Services
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Smoke Detector Services
Common Electrical Panel Issues
Your breaker panel may need repairs from time to time to keep it functioning properly and to ensure it’s up to code. Some common issues your system might experience can include:
- Overcrowding: If you don’t have enough amps in the electrical panel it can result in a crowded unit with double-tapped breakers.
- Not enough capacity: If you experience power surges and flickering lights in your home you may need a larger panel.
- Corrosion: If you notice any signs of rust, water damage, or corrosion, call the professionals at Mr. Air AC & Electrical to inspect the damage.
What You Need To Know About GFCIs
If you have an older home, you might not be familiar with ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). These are now required to be installed near water sources in your property. These can help prevent injuries - and even death - from fire or electrocution if water gets into the device.
These outlets also prevent shocks when plugging devices and appliances into a unit. In addition, they keep appliances from being damaged by electrical currents.
Do you need electrical repairs, but you’re afraid of the bill? Call us to learn about our financing options.
How To Select a Generator for Your Home
While it’s important to install a generator at your house to ensure you have power during a blackout, it’s even more essential to purchase the right unit. Follow these tips to determine which system is right for your house:
- Know which electrical appliances and devices you need to function during a blackout.
- Be aware of how the unit works in various temperatures to ensure it works during summer blackouts. This is important to keep the air conditioner running during periods of extreme heat.
- Ensure the system can power your refrigerator during a power outage to protect your perishables.
- Know what sized unit to purchase by determining the total watts of electricity the generator will need to provide.
- Determine how much you want to spend on a system.