Failing to change the filter on your air conditioner regularly can have many impacts on your house. For one, it can lower the indoor air quality, increasing allergy and asthma symptoms for those in your household. It can also affect the performance of your AC system, causing it to overwork. To ensure your filters are replaced on time, call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for filter replacement services in Pompano Beach, FL. We offer same-day services.
Ensure the air in your home is clean and healthy. Learn about our indoor air quality services.
Risks of Not Replacing Your Filters
We’ve all forgotten to change the filters in our air conditioner from time to time, but regularly forgetting can pose several risks to your household and your AC unit:
- Lower indoor air quality. Dirty filters do not remove allergens and other debris from the air.
- Inadequate airflow. The filters may be clogged or not allowing air to move as expected.
- Risk of breakdown. Dirty filters can lead to potential system failure.
- Higher repair costs. Not replacing filters can cause frequent problems with your unit as it needs to work harder to function.
- Increased aging. Clogged filters can cause more wear and tear on the system.
- Increase in monthly utility bills. The system might use more energy to operate accurately.
How Often Should Filters Be Replaced?
To keep your air conditioner running as expected, it’s important to replace your filters regularly. How often can depend on your household, including the following situations:
- Every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Every three months if you live in an urban area. This is due to potential outdoor air quality issues.
- Every two months if you have a pet.
- Every month if you or anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- More often during periods of extended AC use, such as the heat of summer.
Do you suspect there’s a leak in your air ducts? Contact us to learn about our air duct cleaning and repair services.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
Replacing your air filters regularly can have many benefits for your household. Some of the main advantages are:
- Improved indoor air quality, which can make you and your family healthier.
- Lower utility bills, as your system doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Increased lifespan of your unit, as replacing the filters can reduce the amount of wear and tear.
- Reduced dust around your home, as the filters can properly collect dust, dirt, and other particles.