We all know it can be hot and humid in Florida, especially during the summer months. To keep your house comfortable, it’s important to remove the humidity from your property. You can do this with a dehumidifier. Call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for dehumidifier installations and repairs in Pompano Beach, FL. We offer same-day services!
Are your utility bills rising and you’re not sure why? You could need ductwork cleaning and repairs. Learn about the services we provide to Pompano Beach.
Benefits of Installing a Dehumidifier in Your Home
Is your house hot and sticky? You could have too much moisture in your home. Installing a dehumidifier can provide the following advantages:
- Eliminate clammy skin. This condition can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity. This can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Eliminate musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Lower your monthly utility bills by taking the extra strain off of the unit.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Occasionally, your dehumidifier might encounter issues that can prevent it from working properly. Some issues can include:
- Your unit doesn’t turn on. This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Your system’s reservoir is full. This can prevent it from turning on.
- Your unit’s evaporator coils are frozen. This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- Your unit has a refrigerant leak. This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerants can be dangerous to handle.
If your home is not reaching the temperature setting on the thermostat, it could signal a refrigerant leak. Contact us to schedule AC refrigerant leak repairs.
Ways To Keep Your Dehumidifier Maintained
To keep your dehumidifier working properly, it’s important to perform proper maintenance on it. Some ways you can do this are by:
- Changing the filter often. This can help remove harmful particles from the air.
- Inspecting the condenser coils regularly.
- Cleaning the exhaust and intake grills.