Do you hate wasting money to cool your house while you’re away at work all day? You can save energy and reduce your utility bills by installing a WiFi thermostat. Call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for installation and replacement services in Pompano Beach, FL. When you call us, our technicians will use the latest technology to ensure your unit is installed quickly and accurately.
Is your AC unit struggling to cool your house to the setting on the thermostat? Learn about our air conditioning repair services.
What Are Smart Thermostats?
Are you familiar with your current, traditional thermostat and don’t see the benefit of installing a smart device? You could be missing out on a lot of conveniences. A WiFi thermostat provides better climate control in your house. It allows you to adjust the temperature in your home from your mobile device, letting you alter the temp from work, while running errands, and even while on vacation.
Common Programmable Thermostat Issues
Like all systems in your house, your WiFi thermostat might occasionally experience issues that require repairs. Some of these problems can include:
- A server outage or software issue: If there is a server outage or a bug in the software, your device may suddenly go offline. If this happens, you will be unable to adjust the temperature settings remotely during the outage.
- Your older HVAC system doesn’t have a C wire: Your system needs a C wire to function properly. The C wire is dedicated to charging your smart thermostat and is required to enable the device to work without stealing power from your heating or cooling system. Older HVAC units might not have this wire, which can cause your system to malfunction as the thermostat steals power from the unit.
- Dead battery: If the device doesn’t get enough power from the HVAC system, it can cause its battery to go dead. The battery can also malfunction if a software update fails. Have a professional inspect the wiring to ensure the device is getting enough power.
Is a dirty filter in your air conditioner lowering the system’s efficiency? Ask us about our filter replacement services.
Signs You Need To Repair or Replace Your Thermostat
Is your house not cooling to the temperature set on your thermostat? This can be a sign that you need to install a new device. Some other symptoms that can indicate you need to install a new thermostat can include:
- The thermostat doesn’t turn on.
- Your utility bills start to increase.
- You cannot control the climate in your home.
- You have uneven temperatures throughout your home.
- You notice excessive levels of humidity in your house.
- You notice mold growing in your home - especially during the summer due to increased heat or humidity.