When you run your air conditioner, you expect the system to cool your property to the temperature on your thermostat setting. Without a functioning air handler, this isn’t possible. You need the unit to circulate the cooled air to keep your house comfortable. When your air handler malfunctions, call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for services in Pompano Beach, FL. We offer same-day services to repair the issue quickly.
Do you suspect your air conditioner has a refrigerant leak? Leave it to the professionals to inspect. Contact us to learn about our AC refrigerant leak services.
Why Air Handlers Play an Important Role in Your AC System
Without a functioning air handler, your air conditioning system cannot work properly. This unit performs the following tasks:
- Helps regulate and circulate the airflow from the AC unit.
- Directs air through the heating and cooling systems.
- Pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulates the circulation rate.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
To combat the Florida heat and humidity, you need to replace your malfunctioning air handler as soon as possible. Having a new unit installed allows you to:
- Avoid shutting down your air conditioner, leaving you with an absence of cool or warm air.
- Protect other parts of your cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoid larger, more costly repairs that a malfunctioning air handler can cause.
- Providing better indoor air quality by properly circulating the air.
Does your AC unit require several repairs to keep it functioning properly? It could be time to replace the system. Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Common Problems That Can Cause Air Handlers to Malfunction
Unfortunately, your air handler might encounter issues that require repairs. Some common problems that can cause your unit to malfunction are:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.