While we tend to think having too much moisture in our house is a problem, not having enough can also create issues for your household. If your home is too dry, it can result in cracked skin, irritated sinuses, and more, for your family. To add moisture to your house, consider installing a humidifier. Call Mr. Air AC & Electrical for installation and repairs in Pompano Beach, FL. When you call us, our trustworthy technicians will provide same-day services.
Is your house hot and sticky from too much moisture? Contact us to learn about our dehumidifier services.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
Installing an AC humidifier in your house can have numerous benefits, including:
- It adds moisture to indoor air during the winter months.
- It increases interior comfort.
- It helps relieve irritated sinuses.
- It helps treat dry skin.
- It reduces excessive snoring.
- It prevents your throat from drying out.
- It reduces cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With AC Humidifiers
From time to time you might experience an issue with your humidifier. Some common problems can include:
- It won’t produce the right amount of moisture that is needed for your home. This can be the result of either the sponge pad accumulating too many minerals or the unit is not level.
- The water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The drain is blocked, causing leaks to occur along the line. High water pressure can also cause this issue.
- The humidifier will only activate if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your home.
Keep the air in your home safe with air cleaners and filtration services. Call us for appointments in Pompano Beach.
Maintenance Tips for Humidifiers
To keep your humidifier working properly, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on it. Some tasks you should complete are:
- Check the water evaporator pad as it can become clogged with mineral deposits and keep the humidifier from functioning as expected.
- Inspect the blower motor. The motors in humidifiers can break down and need to be replaced, which will require the services of a professional.
- Check the water inlet valve, as these can become clogged or stuck, reducing the amount of water the humidifier has access to. This can cause the unit to produce less moisture since it has less water available.