How to Know When the Air Ducts Need Attention
Many homes in South Florida have central cooling systems. These systems rely on air ducts to channel cold air from one room to the next. In this blog, homeowners can learn the signs of damaged air ducts, the benefits of duct replacement, and what duct repair entails.
Signs That the Air Ducts Need Repair or Replacement
Some signs that ductwork is damaged and a professional should be called to examine a home’s air ducts include:
- Strange noises
- Foul odors like that of mold or mildew
- Some rooms in the house feel cooler than others (uneven cooling)
- Increased energy bills
With just one visit, an HVAC professional can examine the ductwork for damages, assess the issue, and determine the best solution, repair, or replacement. Fixing the problem with the air ducts or installing new ones should eliminate the above signs and lead to more even cooling and reduced cooling costs.
The Benefits of Air Duct Replacement
Replacing air ducts can greatly improve the overall efficiency of a home or business's air conditioning system. Newer air ducts tend to have better insulation, which helps them run more quietly and use less energy than older ducts. This means that homeowners can enjoy quieter rooms while also saving money on their energy bills.
Additionally, newer air ducts can help circulate cleaner, temperature-regulated air more efficiently throughout the building, creating a healthier and more comfortable environment for everyone. So while air ducts being damaged enough to need a replacement may seem like a negative, they offer the benefit of being a cost-effective way to improve the comfort and energy efficiency of a home or business.
How Do Technicians Fix Damaged Air Ducts?
A homeowner should not attempt to repair ductwork alone. Doing so could cause more damage than what’s originally there. When a professional HVAC technician recognizes a problem with the air ducts, they can fix the problem by:
- Patching any leaks: An HVAC expert may fix a leak by spraying foam or applying a patch. This prevents air from escaping the system and wasting money.
- Replacing part of the air duct: Some damaged air ducts need replacing. A professional will aim to do this as non-invasively as possible, so if only one part of the duct needs to be replaced, a technician may remove and replace only that section of ductwork.
- Cleaning the air ducts: Some air ducts don’t need repairs––just a good cleaning. A professional may clean an air duct using a vacuum or other specialized equipment.
About Mr. Air AC & Electrical
Mr. Air AC & Electrical has over 30 years of experience serving Pompano Beach, FL, and the surrounding areas. They provide straightforward pricing, same-day services, and financing. Call them today for ductwork cleaning, repair, or installation in Pompano Beach, FL.